Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Urvashi Gadi <ug...@emory.edu> on 2006/03/16 17:40:32 UTC

use of ChainedFilter

Hi,

I am using ChainedFilter to combine various filters. No mattar which
logical operator i try to apply to all filters, when i try to print the
chained filters using toString() method, i see

ChainedFilter: [views:[0.4-0.6] level:[1-} ]

i am concerned about not being able to see the logical operator in the
print string. Should i be able to see the operator?

Urvashi

Re: use of ChainedFilter

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: ChainedFilter: [views:[0.4-0.6] level:[1-} ]
:
: i am concerned about not being able to see the logical operator in the
: print string. Should i be able to see the operator?

I've never looked at it closely, but a quick glance at the source
indicates that the toString does not make any attempt to show the "logic"
operator used to join any of hte sub filters.

i would consider this bad behavior, feel free to open a jira issue with a
proposed patch to include that information in the toString.

-Hoss