Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by mw...@poczta.fm on 2003/02/03 15:21:15 UTC

Question about ConfigurableService

Hello everyone,

I did some tests with ConfigurableService interface to obtain the input parameters for my service. Unfortunately the 'configure' method of ConfigurableService interface is called after executing constructor. So in other words, there are no possibilities to get input parameter inside the class constructor?? Am I right?? What should I do in that case?? Add initial parameter of type SOAPContext to my constructor??

Thanks for any help
M.

Re: Calling SOAP with attachments from non java application

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com>.
I am not sure what other implementations support attachments as RPC
parameters (as opposed to just being plain attachments).

Also, you should note that there are two methods for encoding
attachments, MIME and DIME.  Apache SOAP does MIME, as specified in
the original SOAP Attachments spec.  I believe that Microsoft only
supports DIME.  Apache Axis also supports DIME.

On 3 Feb 2003 at 10:16, Praveen Peddi wrote:

> I have a soap method on the server side that implements soap with
> attachments (method takes DataHandler as an argument). we have clients
> implemented in different programming languages like Java, C, VB and
> accessing soap services. With Java everything works perfect. Now we are
> trying to implement a VB based client that uses Microsoft SDK toolkit to
> build the soap envelopes and connect to soap services. All the services
> works fine but soap with attachments seems to have some problems. What is
> the SOAP mapping type for DataHandler. Does any one has sample code that
> builds the SOAP envelop built in non java. For java client, I was using the
> Apache SOAP API to build the envelop and it takes care of everything.
>
> The SOAP method on the server side looks as follows:
>
> public String uploadContentObject(long sessionID, String containerID,
>
> String xmlString, DataHandler source, String sourceFileName,
>
> DataHandler thumb, String thumbFileName)
>

> Thanks
>
> Praveen

Scott Nichol

Calling SOAP with attachments from non java application

Re: Question about ConfigurableService

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com>.
You are correct.  It is called immediately after your constructor.
You cannot do your initialization from these parameters in your
constructor; you must do the initialization from these parameters in
the configure method.  There is no option to specify a SOAPContext
parameter to your constructor, just your service methods.

On 3 Feb 2003 at 15:21, mwolski@poczta.fm wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I did some tests with ConfigurableService interface to obtain the input parameters for my service. Unfortunately the 'configure' method of ConfigurableService interface is called after executing constructor. So in other words, there are no possibilities to get input parameter inside the class
constructor?? Am I right?? What should I do in that case?? Add initial parameter of type SOAPContext to my constructor??

> Thanks for any help
> M.

Scott Nichol