Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Th...@putnam.com on 2006/02/17 20:45:25 UTC

Re: [m202] release:perform hangs then fails -- success with snapshot

Thanks so much for the notice Emmanuel.

I downloaded from svn and installed
maven-release-plugin:maven-plugin:2.0-beta-4-SNAPSHOT

I ran both the prepare and perform goals.  It was wonderful to see.

Thanks again for your help.
Tom

Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net> wrote on 02/17/2006 03:35:35 AM:

> This pb is fixed in svn.
>
> Emmanuel
>
> Thomas_Perry@putnam.com a écrit :
> >

> > hello everyone,
> >
> > I've been trying to run the release:perform goal on an eclipse project.
> > I ran release:prepare successfully.
> >
> > The release:perform hangs on this message:
> >       Checking out the project to perform the release
> > then eventually fails with this message:
> >
> > [INFO] Checking out the project to perform the release ...
> >
> > THE m2 COMMMAND IS DEPRECATED - PLEASE RUN mvn INSTEAD
> >
> > The directory name is invalid.
> > [INFO]

> > [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
> > [INFO]

> > [INFO] Result of m2 execution is: '1'. Release failed.
> > [INFO]

> > [DEBUG] Trace
> > org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Result of m2
> > execution is: '1'. Release failed.
> >       at
> > org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.
> executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:556)
> >       at
> > org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.
> executeStandaloneGoal(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:485)
> >
> > I've seen this error mentioned in google but I don't see a clear
> > resolution.
> >
> > In eclipse I'm running the goal as an External Tool, not the Maven
> > Extension,
> > it's running with --batch-mode, I added a <server> element (saw that in
> > some post)
> > to point it to the repository defined in settings.xml (with username
and
> > password for
> > the ftp deploy)
> >
> > Also tried this from the commandline in case it wanted to ask for
> > arguments.
> >
> > Can anyone help?
> >
> > Thanks in advance
> > Tom
> >
> > [DEBUG] Configuring mojo
> > 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-release-plugin:2.0-beta-3:perform' -->
> > [DEBUG]   (f) basedir = U:
\work\eclipse-311\workspace\spring-demo-project
> > [DEBUG]   (f) goals = deploy
> > [DEBUG]   (f) interactive = false
> > [DEBUG]   (f) project = org.apache.maven.project.MavenProject@d209c82e
> > [DEBUG]   (f) workingDirectory = U:
> > \work\eclipse-311\workspace\spring-demo-project\target/checkout
> > [DEBUG] -- end configuration --
> >

> > This message is intended for the recipient only and is not meant
> to be forwarded or distributed in any other format. This
> communication is for informational purposes only.  It is not
> intended as an offer or solicitation for the purchase or sale of any
> financial instrument, or security, or as an official confirmation of
> any transaction.  Putnam does not accept purchase or redemptions of
> securities, instructions, or authorizations that are sent via e-
> mail.   All market prices, data and other information are not
> warranted as to completeness or accuracy and are subject to change
> without notice.  Any comments or statements made herein do not
> necessarily reflect those of Putnam, LLC (DBA Putnam Investments)
> and its subsidiaries and affiliates.  If you are not the intended
> recipient of this e-mail, please delete the e-mail.

This message is intended for the recipient only and is not meant to be forwarded or distributed in any other format. This communication is for informational purposes only.  It is not intended as an offer or solicitation for the purchase or sale of any financial instrument, or security, or as an official confirmation of any transaction.  Putnam does not accept purchase or redemptions of securities, instructions, or authorizations that are sent via e-mail.   All market prices, data and other information are not warranted as to completeness or accuracy and are subject to change without notice.  Any comments or statements made herein do not necessarily reflect those of Putnam, LLC (DBA Putnam Investments) and its subsidiaries and affiliates.  If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, please delete the e-mail.

Workaround for: Re: [m202] release:perform hangs then fails -- success with snapshot

Posted by sh...@netscape.net.
Hi all,

I had this problem too and found a workaround which just handles more
than this problem:

The first problem is, that release:perform calls the "deprecated" m2
script instead of mvn,
which results in the message:

THE m2 COMMMAND IS DEPRECATED - PLEASE RUN mvn INSTEAD

The second problem is windows!
The files mvn.bat and m2.bat have the extension ".bat" and not ".cmd".
This results in a broken path substitution within the m2.bat file where
mvn.bat
is called using
~%dpr\mvn %*
In case you have maven installed in a path with directory names longer
than 8.3 these are
replaced by something like Direct~1. As a result the mvn.bat file is
not found.

What I did is:
1) I replaced the extension of the .bat files to .cmd.
2) Therefore I needed to patch mvn.cmd where the existence of
%M2_HOME%\bin\m2.bat is checked
[Why is m2.bat checked and not mvn.bat?]
3) I replaced the call to mvn.cmd inside m2.cmd with
%M2_HOME%\bin\mvn %*

Yours
Stefan

maven-release-plugin:maven-plugin:2.0-beta-4-SNAPSHOT

I ran both the prepare and perform goals.  It was wonderful to see.

Thanks again for your help.
Tom

Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net> wrote on 02/17/2006 03:35:35 AM:

> This pb is fixed in svn.
>
> Emmanuel
>
> Thomas_Perry@putnam.com a écrit :
> >

> > hello everyone,
> >
> > I've been trying to run the release:perform goal on an eclipse
project.
> > I ran release:prepare successfully.
> >
> > The release:perform hangs on this message:
> >       Checking out the project to perform the release
> > then eventually fails with this message:
> >
> > [INFO] Checking out the project to perform the release ...
> >
> > THE m2 COMMMAND IS DEPRECATED - PLEASE RUN mvn INSTEAD
> >
> > The directory name is invalid.
> > [INFO]

---

> > [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
> > [INFO]

---

> > [INFO] Result of m2 execution is: '1'. Release failed.
> > [INFO]

---