Posted to user@kudu.apache.org by Todd Lipcon <to...@cloudera.com> on 2017/01/17 18:30:45 UTC

Prototype of golang wrapper for Kudu

Hey folks,

Over the past year I've had a few people ask about a golang client for
Kudu. I was curious to learn more about 'cgo' yesterday so I took a couple
hours and wrote the beginnings of a wrapper around the C++ client:

https://github.com/toddlipcon/kudu-go

To build you'll need to have installed the Kudu client library (eg
libkuduclient-dev deb package or a manual install into somewhere visible to
your C compiler)

I'm a total go newbie, and this is far from complete, but if there are any
other gophers out there on the mailing list, it might be a good starting
point.

Disclaimer: this is a personal side project and not an official release
from the Apache Kudu project -- likely not to be supported long term, no
compatibility guarantees, may leak memory, etc ;)

-Todd