Posted to dev@usergrid.apache.org by "ayang@aidee.cn" <ay...@aidee.cn> on 2015/01/23 02:40:42 UTC

How to setup development environment to debug usergrid

Hi folks,

Firstly, thanks you guys developed a so great product: usergrid. I am a senior java developer from China (10+ years). I am just recommended this product by my friends. And find it's really cool.
I am evaluating to use it in my company, a 4k+ employees and 100M$ revenue company in China.

Since I am pretty new on usergrid, I want to know how to debug the ROOT.WAR in eclipse. I just found a post on the googleforums discussing about this. But no response yet.
The post is: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/usergrid/tomcat/usergrid/dsozMvJJ8A8/0AR2hFtSluIJ

I really appreciate your guidence.

Thanks,
Alex Yang

Re: Re: How to setup development environment to debug usergrid

Posted by "ayang@aidee.cn" <ay...@aidee.cn>.
Thanks Rod for your quick reply.
I'll try IntelliJ as well per your guide though my company is still using eclipse. Hope it work.

-Alex

From: Rod Simpson
Date: 2015-01-22 18:16
To: ayang@aidee.cn; dev
Subject: Re: How to setup development environment to debug usergrid
Most of us use intelliJ now, not eclipse, but the process is basically the same.

You should install Tomcat, Cassandra, and if you are running the two-dot-o branch, also ElasticSearch.  I installed the “Tomcat and TomEE” integration plugin, which deploys the .war file and starts tomcat when debugging.

I assume there is something similar for Eclipse.  Perhaps others can guide you.

--
Rod Simpson
T @rockerston