Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by ry...@kodak.com on 2002/07/11 20:19:17 UTC

RE: Logging Problem (think it is log4j) SOLVED

From: Ryan D. Cuprak

Thanks for all the responses (help was greatly appreciated). I tracked down
the commons logging project on apache (wasn't aware that it existed) and
tried the latest release which solved the problem. I don't know what
release Sun shipped with their web services package but there were some
bugs in it- the null pointer exception only occurs if you are attempting to
make soap calls from an applet (null pointer occurs in the common logging).
The exception was generated on both 1.3.1 and 1.4 on both windows and OS X.
I hope that wasn't a random nightly build that Sun released =)

-Ryan