Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by david joffrin <da...@hotmail.com> on 2005/02/15 12:31:30 UTC

Hacking the URL

Hi,

MyPage implements the PageValidateListener. But when I hack the http with
http://localhost:8080/sudetp/app?service=page/MyPage, I am not going through
the pageValidate method! Any ideas why?

Pretty tough when I want to implement secured pages...

Thanks.
DvJ

Re: Hacking the URL

Posted by david joffrin <da...@hotmail.com>.
In fact, the pageValidate is being implemented in a base class, called
Secured!

Without hacking, it is working fine, but when messing with the URL, this is
no longer working...

David Joffrin
MSN: david_joffrin@hotmail.com

Re: Hacking the URL

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.

Re: Hacking the URL

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
*whew* - finally problem solved!  :)  or at least identified and
Tapestry is vindicated!

On Feb 18, 2005, at 8:37 AM, david joffrin wrote:

> That would make sense as this is a PST form inside.
> Two questions then:
> 1/ How can I get rid of that feature?

There are lots of tricks to tell the browser and proxy servers to not
cache the pages.  You'll have to do your homework on these techniques -
I've always applied the shotgun approach and disabled all the caching
switches I've discovered as there are IE-specific tricks, meta tags,
and HTTP header tweaks.

> 2/ Do u know the way to display the message "YOur page has expired"
> when clicking on the back button?

Back buttons.... I'm not touching this one!  :)

	Erik

Re: Hacking the URL

Posted by david joffrin <da...@hotmail.com>.

Re: Hacking the URL

Posted by Mind Bridge <mi...@yahoo.com>.

Re: Hacking the URL

Posted by david joffrin <da...@hotmail.com>.
HI,

{

Re: Hacking the URL

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.

Re: Hacking the URL

Posted by david joffrin <da...@hotmail.com>.
As requested:

Re: Hacking the URL

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.

Re: Hacking the URL

Posted by david joffrin <da...@hotmail.com>.

Re: Hacking the URL

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.

<da...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I meant that I typed in http://localhost:8080/sudetp/app?service=page/MyPage
> instead of clicking on links or buttons.
>
> Thanks.
> David Joffrin
> MSN: david_joffrin@hotmail.com
>
> >From: Kent Tong <ke...@cpttm.org.mo>
> >To: tapestry-user@jakarta.apache.org
> >Subject: Re: Hacking the URL
> >Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 07:40:11 +0000 (UTC)
> >
> >david joffrin <david_joffrin <at> hotmail.com> writes:
> >

> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > MyPage implements the PageValidateListener. But when I hack the http
> >with
> > > http://localhost:8080/sudetp/app?service=page/MyPage, I am not going
> >through
> > > the pageValidate method! Any ideas why?