Posted to dev@samza.apache.org by Malcolm McFarland <mm...@cavulus.com> on 2020/12/29 04:15:52 UTC

yarn-site.xml setup

Hey all,

Sorry for the daft question, but when loading Samza 1.5 into a remote YARN
cluster, where/how is the yarn-site.xml file supposed to be located? I've
set the following environment variables and run-app.sh isn't finding it (or
at least isn't reading my resource manager address) correctly:

HADOOP_YARN_HOME
YARN_HOME
HADOOP_COMMON_HOME
HADOOP_HOME
HADOOP_PREFIX
HADOOP_CONF_DIR

My yarn-site.xml is at $YARN_HOME/etc/hadoop/yarn-site.xml, and contains
the following configuration:

<property>
  <name>yarn.resourcemanager.address</name>
  <value>${RM_IP_ADDRESS}</value>
</property>

This worked fine in 0.14.1.

Cheers,
Malcolm McFarland
Cavulus

This correspondence is from HealthPlanCRM, LLC, d/b/a Cavulus. Any
unauthorized or improper disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the
contents of this message is prohibited. The information contained in this
message is intended only for the personal and confidential use of the
recipient(s) named above. If you have received this message in error,
please notify the sender immediately and delete the original message.