Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Cocoon User <co...@hotmail.com> on 2005/07/27 17:06:08 UTC

Authentication Framework: Separate pipelines required for public versus private?

Our site is very data driven. Because we didn't think it mattered, and it
was simple, we designed it so the same pipeline is used for all pages (with
a few exceptions). So the sitemap currenlty  doesn't know and doesn't care
whats public and private. The database contriols what pages are public and
private.

We are just now looking into authentication and I am worried that the
separation of public and private pages need to occur in the sitemap in order
for this to work and therefore, having the same pipeline for both is proving
to be problematic. As it stands now, if I was to put an authentication
handler around my pipeline that handles all pages, then all pages that match
to that pipeline will be treated as private.

I do not know if its possible to use the Cocoon authentication framework and
still have the same pipeline deal with public and private pages. Does anyone
know?

Re: Authentication Framework: Separate pipelines required for public versus priv

Posted by Cocoon User <co...@hotmail.com>.
Thanks for your response.

I actually found a solution. Using a parameter selector I can choose to
auth-protect or not.  Therefore,the same pipeline can be protected or not
protected based on whether the page is public or private.. This works. I
have tested it. However I have some larger design questions that may cause
me to not go this way at all.

Thanks!

Posted by Sami Rajala <sa...@gmail.com>.