Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by "Johannes.Lichtenberger" <Jo...@uni-konstanz.de> on 2010/09/25 14:52:00 UTC

Executing Eclipse Plugin

Hi,

I've a problem using the eclipse plugin... I've started Hadoop/MapReduce
0.20.2 with `bin/start-mapred.sh` or `bin/start-all.sh` and then
executed the main class within Eclipse "Run on hadoop", but then
everytime it reads a bigger XML file (about 9 Gb) it freezes. I've used
a StAX parser, in a custom RecordReader, so it shouldn't be a problem.

regards,
johannes

Re: Executing Eclipse Plugin

Posted by "Johannes.Lichtenberger" <Jo...@uni-konstanz.de>.
On 09/25/2010 02:52 PM, Johannes.Lichtenberger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've a problem using the eclipse plugin... I've started Hadoop/MapReduce
> 0.20.2 with `bin/start-mapred.sh` or `bin/start-all.sh` and then
> executed the main class within Eclipse "Run on hadoop", but then
> everytime it reads a bigger XML file (about 9 Gb) it freezes. I've used
> a StAX parser, in a custom RecordReader, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Through the jobtracker I can see, that it's in the initializing stage,
but I don't think it makes any progress since Eclipse freezes :-/ I have
4Gb RAM and just wanted to test/debug my application on a single machine
and then create a cluster if everything works fine.

regards,
johannes