Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Tosh Cooey <to...@1200group.com> on 2013/04/16 19:53:06 UTC

Apache2::Reload issues

Hi, we are experiencing some issues related to running our code under
ModPerl::Registry and Apache2::Reload issues.  Sometimes the new code is
run, sometimes not and an error along the lines of:

"could not find method load for LocalDetails.pm"

are logged.

I suspect this is related to this:

http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/api/Apache2/Reload.html#Problems_with_Scripts_Running_with_Registry_Handlers_that_Cache_the_Code

But the fact that sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't within
seconds and alternating between working and not indicates that maybe I'm
getting different Apache children.

Has anyone else encountered this or something similar, and what were
your options and what was your solution?  Right now I'm thinking that
each Apache call spawns a new process since this is a DEVEL environment
and performance isn't required, but maybe others have better options?

Thanks!!

Tosh

--
McIntosh Cooey - Twelve Hundred Group LLC - http://www.1200group.com/