Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by jo...@wellsfargo.com.INVALID on 2019/09/20 15:44:34 UTC

8.5.46 and 9.0.26 Downloads

Is anyone else having troubles downloading from tomcat.apache.org? I'm getting virus notifications on the distributions.

Thanks,

Dream * Excel * Explore * Inspire
Jon McAlexander
Asst Vice President

Middleware Product Engineering
Enterprise CIO | Platform Services | Middleware | Infrastructure Solutions

8080 Cobblestone Rd | Urbandale, IA 50322
MAC: F4469-010
Tel 515-988-2508 | Cell 515-988-2508

jonmcalexander@wellsfargo.com<ma...@wellsfargo.com>

This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the addressee or authorized to receive this for the addressee, you must not use, copy, disclose, or take any action based on this message or any information herein. If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message. Thank you for your cooperation.

RE: 8.5.46 and 9.0.26 Downloads

Posted by jo...@wellsfargo.com.INVALID.
I assume so. This is coming from our Main Proxy servers here at WF. I do NOT know what methods are used at that level.

Posted by "M. Manna" <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: 8.5.46 and 9.0.26 Downloads

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 20/09/2019 20:56, Mark Thomas wrote:
> On September 20, 2019 3:44:34 PM UTC, jonmcalexander@wellsfargo.com.INVALID wrote:
>> Is anyone else having troubles downloading from tomcat.apache.org? I'm
>> getting virus notifications on the distributions.
>
> Which Tomcat files?
> Which virus checker?
> Which signature version?
> Which viruses?
> Which operating system?
>
> Past experience suggests this will be a false positive. Meanwhile, until we have some hard information on the issue, I'll run some additional checks.

Virus total says the 9.0.26 binary distribution is clean.

Windows defender says the VM used to build the distributions is clean.

All the indications are that this is a false positive.

Mark

> Mark
>

>> Thanks,
>>

>> Dream * Excel * Explore * Inspire
>> Jon McAlexander
>> Asst Vice President
>>
>> Middleware Product Engineering
>> Enterprise CIO | Platform Services | Middleware | Infrastructure
>> Solutions
>>
>> 8080 Cobblestone Rd | Urbandale, IA 50322
>> MAC: F4469-010
>> Tel 515-988-2508 | Cell 515-988-2508
>>
>> jonmcalexander@wellsfargo.com<ma...@wellsfargo.com>
>>

>> This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If
>> you are not the addressee or authorized to receive this for the
>> addressee, you must not use, copy, disclose, or take any action based
>> on this message or any information herein. If you have received this
>> message in error, please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail
>> and delete this message. Thank you for your cooperation.

RE: 8.5.46 and 9.0.26 Downloads

Posted by jo...@wellsfargo.com.INVALID.
Thanks, this is the first time we have ever had an issue. Perhaps something on our end changed. :-(

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

> [...]

Mark

> Dream * Excel * Explore * Inspire
> Jon McAlexander
> Asst Vice President
>
> Middleware Product Engineering
> Enterprise CIO | Platform Services | Middleware | Infrastructure
> Solutions
>
> 8080 Cobblestone Rd | Urbandale, IA 50322
> MAC: F4469-010
> Tel 515-988-2508 | Cell 515-988-2508
>
> jonmcalexander@wellsfargo.com
>

> This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the addressee or authorized to receive this for the addressee, you must not use, copy, disclose, or take any action based on this message or any information herein. If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message. Thank you for your cooperation.

FYI, This has been resolved. It appears to have been something incorrect in the Symantec Database that gets distributed by Symantec.

Thank you,

Dream * Excel * Explore * Inspire
Jon McAlexander
Asst Vice President

Middleware Product Engineering
Enterprise CIO | Platform Services | Middleware | Infrastructure Solutions

8080 Cobblestone Rd | Urbandale, IA 50322
MAC: F4469-010
Tel 515-988-2508 | Cell 515-988-2508

jonmcalexander@wellsfargo.com

This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the addressee or authorized to receive this for the addressee, you must not use, copy, disclose, or take any action based on this message or any information herein. If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message. Thank you for your cooperation.

> Tar.gz, 32 bit windows zip and 64 bit windows zip.
>
> Wells Fargo Logo Virus was detected in the content (virus_detected)
> Content contained "Predictive Analysis blocked file" virus The virus
> was blocked and was not downloaded to your system.
>
> Details
> Score: ; File: /data/bluecoat/avenger/tmp/icap[0].tmp; Engine version:
> 5.0.1.79; Pattern version: 20190920.019; For further assistance, visit the Web Proxy help page or contact your network support team.

That is a false positive.

Tomcat uses the NSIS installer which seems to trigger the predictive analysis feature of some anti-virus products. I recommend raising a support issue with your AV vendor.

Mark

> Dream * Excel * Explore * Inspire
> Jon McAlexander
> Asst Vice President
>
> Middleware Product Engineering
> Enterprise CIO | Platform Services | Middleware | Infrastructure
> Solutions
>
> 8080 Cobblestone Rd | Urbandale, IA 50322
> MAC: F4469-010
> Tel 515-988-2508 | Cell 515-988-2508
>
> jonmcalexander@wellsfargo.com
>

> This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the addressee or authorized to receive this for the addressee, you must not use, copy, disclose, or take any action based on this message or any information herein. If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message. Thank you for your cooperation.

Thank you Mark!

Re: 8.5.46 and 9.0.26 Downloads

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.

Re: 8.5.46 and 9.0.26 Downloads