Posted to dev@fineract.apache.org by Muellners ApS <an...@muellners.org> on 2021/10/14 09:40:00 UTC

[VOTE] Release of White Paper version 1 public copy

White Paper: Need for an inclusive decentralized governance in Apache
Fineract Project; Best Practices for Open Source Projects of Apache
Software Foundation (v1)

Muellners Foundation <https://muellners.org>, a non-profit, has been
working on this white paper, based on its findings from public facing
records of Apache Fineract Project.

I am one of the sponsors/Advisory Board members of the Foundation. I am
posting this thread here as an individual contributor to this project as I
feel this report is relevant to Banks, fintechs who adopt this platform for
its open source & decentralised product engineering benefits. Developers,
consultants, students, researchers, all of you, who are associated with
this project.

This report is based on an Observation Report by Muellners
Foundation,(frivillig forening) a voluntary association based in
Copenhagen, Denmark. The Foundation works towards creating
inclusive practices in open source communities.
The Observation report highlights:
1. Best Practices for private "for profit" startups in the Fineract
community's project management.
2. Best practices for individual contributors affiliated with "for profit"
private startups in the Fineract community’s project governance.

We are now voting and will close the vote within the next 72 hours. Read
more about how we collaborate in this community via the Apache way.
<https://community.apache.org/committers/consensusBuilding.html>

Subject of the vote is:
1.  Public Release of the white paper to this public mailing list.

Casting Your Vote

The notation used in voting is:

   - +1 Yes, I agree
   - 0 I have no strong opinion
   - -1 I object on the following grounds

If you object you must support your objection and provide an alternative
course of action that you are willing and able to implement (where
appropriate).

Read more on how this community's decision making functions here
<https://community.apache.org/committers/> and other public facing content
on Apache's website, including this project's documentation.
--
Ankit
Managing Partner

Impressum- Muellners® Inc; Copenhagen, Denmark CVR: 41548304;
New Delhi, India CIN: U72900DL2019PTC344870; Foundation EU CVR:41008407

This mail is governed by Muellners®  IT policy.
The information contained in this e-mail and any accompanying documents may
contain information that is confidential or otherwise protected from
disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, or if
the sender by reply e-mail and then delete this message, including any
attachments. Any dissemination, distribution or other use of the contents
of this message by anyone other than the intended recipient is strictly
prohibited. All messages sent to and from this e-mail address may be
monitored as permitted by applicable law and regulations to ensure
compliance with our internal policies and to protect our business. E-mails
are not secure and cannot be guaranteed to be error free as they can be
intercepted, amended, lost or destroyed, or contain viruses. You are deemed
to have accepted these risks if you communicate with us by e-mail.
--
Ankit
Managing Partner

Re: [VOTE] Release of White Paper version 1 public copy

Posted by Awasum Yannick <aw...@apache.org>.
Hi All,

*The Apache Fineract PMC disagrees and disavows the contents of this
message. The PMC believes the email above to be based upon an unfounded and
uninformed set of beliefs. We have no further reply to this matter.*

Thanks.
Awasum Yannick.
PMC Chair, Apache Fineract.

Posted by Muellners ApS <an...@muellners.org>.

--
Ankit
Managing Partner

Posted by Awasum Yannick <aw...@apache.org>.

Posted by Saransh Sharma <sa...@muellners.org>.
Plus one ☝️

On Thursday, October 14, 2021, Muellners ApS <an...@muellners.org> wrote:

> [...]
> may contain information that is confidential or otherwise protected from
> disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, or if
> this message has been addressed to you in error, please immediately alert
> the sender by reply e-mail and then delete this message, including any
> attachments. Any dissemination, distribution or other use of the contents
> of this message by anyone other than the intended recipient is strictly
> prohibited. All messages sent to and from this e-mail address may be
> monitored as permitted by applicable law and regulations to ensure
> compliance with our internal policies and to protect our business. E-mails
> are not secure and cannot be guaranteed to be error free as they can be
> intercepted, amended, lost or destroyed, or contain viruses. You are deemed
> to have accepted these risks if you communicate with us by e-mail.

Saransh Sharma
Research Partner

Sent from my phone