Posted to users@flex.apache.org by atingupta2005 <at...@gmail.com> on 2016/03/17 07:12:19 UTC

Example of Custom Container

Hi,

While reading about the FlexJS Layouts, I came across with the Custom
Containers as reffered on the below URL:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLEX/FlexJS+Layout

What are the advantages of using Custom Containers?

Is there any example which is using Custom Containers?

Thanks
Atin

Re: Example of Custom Container

Posted by PKumar <pr...@gmail.com>.
Download the FlexJS binary version and check the examples. You will get
container examples.

-----
Regards,
Prashant

Re: Example of Custom Container

Posted by Peter Ent <pe...@adobe.com>.
Hi,

The PanelView bead is an example of a custom Container. This is a case
where you do not want the Panel's TitleBar and ControlBar to be part of
the contentView. Essentially, when you ask a Panel for its children, you
get the children of the contentView, which excludes the TitleBar and
ControlBar. So the Panel is a customized Container.

Hope that helps and thanks for looking at FlexJS.

Peter Ent
Adobe Systems/Apache Flex Project