Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Bradley Willcott <op...@gmail.com> on 2020/04/13 06:19:54 UTC

Netbeans 11.3: Not reindexing local maven repo

Hi there.

I have deleted some old "-SNAPSHOT" versions of some projects, from my
local repo.  However, Netbeans still thinks that they exist!

I have tried to get it to 'update index', both from the 'Services' tab,
and from the 'Options' dialog.  Nothing happens.

I have even deleted the 'mavenindex' directory, and restarted Netbeans.
This just caused Netbeans to go into an apparent loop trying to index.
After over 12 hours, I shutdown Netbeans to stop this process. Still no

Any ideas?

Thank you,
Brad.

Re: Netbeans 11.3: Not reindexing local maven repo

Posted by Bradley Willcott <op...@gmail.com>.
Ok, I renamed the "{HOME}/.cache/netbeans/11.3" directory to
"{HOME}/.cache/netbeans/11.3-old", then restarted Netbeans.

After it had finished doing its 'Background scanning of projects', I
then went to the "Services" tab, and opened the local repo.
It immediately started to re-index it.  The result was what I was hoping
for!  Then I opened the 'central" repo, and it downloaded
the new index from there.

As someone reported hearing the man who had jumped off the Empire State
building saying, on the way down: "So far so good!" :-)

So far so good,
Brad.

Posted by Emilian Bold <em...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@apache.org>.
Or provide a step by step scenario so we can reproduce the problem and try
to solve it.

Gj

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@apache.org>.

Posted by Bradley Willcott <op...@gmail.com>.