Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org> on 2001/05/13 00:45:25 UTC

To SSL and back again

"Craig R. McClanahan" wrote:
> You can calculate an absolute URL for this web app, based on things like
> request.getServerName(), request.getContextPath(), and so on.  So, one way
> to do this would be to have an action that calculated the new absolute
> URL, wrapped it in a new ActionForward with the "redirect" property set,
> and return that to the controller servlet.  It looks pretty much like what
> you quoted in the mail message.

I embedded the absolute URL in the config to get started.

If seems like the best overall approach right now, I'll work out
calculating it at runtime, and smoothing out the procedure, and update
the SSL FAQ.

> NOTE:  Because the controller servlet calls encodeRedirectURL() for you on
> redirections, sessions should survive across this transfer whether or not
> you are using cookies.

Yes, they do, which is very cool.

See also
http://www.mail-archive.com/struts-user%40jakarta.apache.org/msg07841.html