Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Jonathan Pierce <Jo...@seagram.com> on 2000/12/18 17:39:13 UTC

Re[2]: Tomcat behind Firewall

You can use the connectors to redirect traffic from your primary web server to
tomcat, so that all traffic comes in on standard ports through your firewalls.
We have been doing this with Tomcat 3.1 to support SSL through our primary web
server IIS.

Jonathan

Subject:    Re: Tomcat behind Firewall
Author: general@jakarta.apache.org
Date:       12/13/00 7:54 PM

No... unless you have servers on the outside that are looking
to run of of your servlet engine you should not open your apj
port.  You only need to open ports that will have trafic to the client