Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Dimple Joseph <dj...@cafepress.com> on 2006/09/07 22:05:01 UTC

FW:

________________________________

From: Dimple Joseph
Sent: Thursday, September 07, 2006 12:33 PM
To: 'hadoop-user@lucene.apache.org'

We have a setup where a search query goes to an aggregator who using
ipc/nutch api to communicate to slaves who have a subset of lucene index
on various machines.The slaves return their results which is then
aggregated and returned.We have used the api and have written too many
custom things on top that the solution is not very clean.We are thinking
of replacing the communication using hadoop ie sending the requests in
parallel to search machines and aggregating the result.I am looking for
examples or pointers on this problem .Is it possible to  be able to
handle this cleanly using hadoop.

DJ

The contents of this message, together with any attachments, are intended only
for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed and may
contain information that is confidential and exempt from disclosure. If you are
not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination,
distribution, or copying of this message, or any attachment, is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this message in error, please notify the original sender
immediately by telephone or by return E-mail and delete this message, along
with any attachments, from your computer. Thank you.