Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Ryan Cuprak <rc...@mac.com> on 2008/12/01 17:45:08 UTC

Dependencies not available in a Maven repository (disabling repository check)

Hello,
  I've got a bunch of dependencies from some open source projects
which are not available in a central Maven repository. Until those
projects some day publish them to a repository I do a 'mvn install '
to populate my local repository. I noticed that every time I do a
build Maven checks for those dependencies in a central repository. Is
it possible to disable this behavior? Every once in a while I also get
an error message that it couldn't find the dependency in a repository.
  BTW: Is this the recommended approach or is it possible to specify
the location of the dependencies locally in a project specific lib
directory?

Thanks,
-Ryan

RE: Dependencies not available in a Maven repository (disabling repository check)

Posted by "Brian E. Fox" <br...@reply.infinity.nu>.
The recommended approach is to use an internal repository for your team.
You can do this with a repo manager like Nexus. See the thread this
weekend on "Third Party Jars" it covers this in more detail.

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 9:45 AM, Ryan Cuprak <rc...@mac.com> wrote:
>  I've got a bunch of dependencies from some open source projects which are
> not available in a central Maven repository. Until those projects some day
> publish them to a repository I do a 'mvn install ' to populate my local
> repository. I noticed that every time I do a build Maven checks for those
> dependencies in a central repository.

I'll second Brian's advice to establish an internal repository using
one of the repository managers.

But it's probably checking for the pom, not the artifact.  When you do
mvn install, add -DgeneratePom=true and see if the behavior continues.

--
Wendy