Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by sockmonster <ol...@gmail.com> on 2011/04/15 16:22:28 UTC

Form for multiple entities

Hi,
I have a table to entities that I get from my database, the number of
entities can increase and decrease as these entities can be added or
deleted. I want to be able to edit the entities in the table. The first
column of every row has a check box to indicate whether that row should be
updated when the submit button below the form is pressed.

I understand how to create a form for a javabean or a form with a fixed
number of input elements but how do I handle variable numbers of beans/input
element.

Many thanks.

Re: Form for multiple entities

Posted by Christian Köberl <ta...@gmail.com>.
> I understand how to create a form for a javabean or a form with a fixed
> number of input elements but how do I handle variable numbers of beans/input
> element.

Just surround the part of your form with a Loop component.

Something like:
<t:form>
   <t:loop source="myBeanList" value="currentBean">
      <t:textfield value="currentBean.myProperty" />
   </t:loop>
   <t:submit />
</t:form>

If you want to add rows via AJAX use AJAXFormLoop component.

--
Chris