Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by "Zheng, Chuck" <ch...@ebay.com> on 2007/04/30 21:24:06 UTC

How to setup SocketConnector to use proxy?

Hi there,

I'm new to MINA and here is one quick question which I have not found
straight answers in mailling list search so far.

We are currently direclty using JDK Socket to connect to third party web
server via a proxy server.  Once connected to proxy server, we send
every request to the target web server with their hostname/port in the
Http Get request, e.g (see the red portion).

GET http://www.third-party.com:80/some/path?params
<http://www.third-party.com:80/some/path?params>   HTTP/1.1

We would like to replace those client socket code with MINA, what's the
best way to do this with MINA?

Thx
Chuck

Re: How to setup SocketConnector to use proxy?

Posted by peter royal <pr...@apache.org>.
On Apr 30, 2007, at 9:24 PM, Zheng, Chuck wrote:
> We would like to replace those client socket code with MINA, what's
> the
> best way to do this with MINA?

if the proxy support is all in application-level code, you can keep
it the same with MINA (that's what it looked like from your example..)

-pete