Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Jamie Johnson <je...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/14 06:03:03 UTC

Monitoring SolrCloud health

How do people currently monitor the health of a solr cluster?  Are
there any good tools which can show the health across the entire
cluster?  Is this something which is planned for the new admin user
interface?

Re: Monitoring SolrCloud health

Posted by Darren Govoni <da...@ontrenet.com>.
Can you be more specific about "health"?

Posted by Jamie Johnson <je...@gmail.com>.
I think I found the answer here
http://lucidworks.lucidimagination.com/display/lweug/Integrating+Monitoring+Services#IntegratingMonitoringServices-HowtointegratewithZabbix2.0%281.9.x%29

I'll go ahead and try on the 1.9 baseline and see if I have any
different result.

Posted by Jamie Johnson <je...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Stefan Matheis <ma...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Jamie Johnson <je...@gmail.com>.
Otis,

Posted by Lance Norskog <go...@gmail.com>.

--
Lance Norskog
goksron@gmail.com

Re: Monitoring SolrCloud health

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
Jamie,

Posted by Lance Norskog <go...@gmail.com>.
Other cool options: Zabbix collects from many things include Solr JVM
JMX beans, which is what the solr/admin/stats.jsp page fetches. Zabbix
fetches, archives, graphs and alerts.  We could not find another
monitor that did all of these well.

NewRelic is a hosted service for Solr and a lot of other things. It is
a JVM bolt-on which sends to NewRelic- there is zero configuration.

We use both for monitoring in our LucidWorks for Cloud service. Zabbix
is our workhorse. NewRelic is just internal eye candy: it looks great
on a big monitor in the office and mesmerizes our managers :)

--
Lance Norskog
goksron@gmail.com

Re: Monitoring SolrCloud health