Posted to dev@tephra.apache.org by Alan Gates <al...@gmail.com> on 2019/10/24 20:14:10 UTC

Next steps for the Tephra podling

All, many of you may have already seen this, but I wanted to make sure you
know.  Based on low activity in the Tephra podling over the last year or
so, and in particular a couple of months of missed reports from the
podling, the question has been raised whether it is time to retire
Tephra[1].

I suggested that rather than push Tephra to retirement we ask the Phoenix
PMC whether they would be interested in adopting the codebase.[2] . Josh
Elser from Phoenix has begun that discussion on the Phoenix dev list.[3]

If you have feedback, the thread on general@incubator [2] is the best place
to respond because it's the one list that both Tephra and Phoenix
communities have access to.

The same discussion is happening concerning the Omid community for the same
reasons.

Alan.

1.
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/7f2612cf8e8ad9a615efae226e30864cf69d8583475137de3301e292@%3Cdev.tephra.apache.org%3E