Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Christoph Kiehl <ki...@subshell.com> on 2004/02/11 10:26:17 UTC

Automatically build dependet projects?

Hi,

I'm currently trying to integrate maven in our build process. One goal I
would like to achieve is the following:

There are two projects A and B. B depends on A. So if I build B I would like
maven to build A first install the jar in the local repo and then build B
with the new jar. Is there some functionality like this already available in
maven? I already searched the plugin list but could not find a suitable one.
Or is it perhaps more efficient to not build A every time B builds, but to
install As jar manually? How do you handle such dependent projects?

Thanks in advance,
Christoph

accessing env vars from within a plugin

Posted by "Glenn R. Golden" <gg...@umich.edu>.
If I have an environment variable set, like "CATALINA_HOME", can that
be accessed from within my maven plugin, as something like
${CATALINA_HOME}?

Thanks

- Glenn

Re: Automatically build dependet projects?

Posted by Christoph Kiehl <ki...@subshell.com>.
> The plugin is multiproject.
>
> I suppose you have a directory structure like this :
>
> projects_dir
>     | -> project A
>     | -> project B

I forgot to mention that the current directory structure doesn't look like
this. But I will take a look at the multiproject plugin.

Thanks,
Christoph

Re: Automatically build dependet projects?

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.
The plugin is multiproject.

I suppose you have a directory structure like this :

projects_dir
    | -> project A
    | -> project B

if you run in projects : maven -Dgoal=clean,jar:install multiproject:goal
All your project are build in correct order.

Emmanuel