Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by mast <ma...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/11 15:49:51 UTC

How to turn of an checkstyle audit that maven is running on my java files?

Hi,

I am building a smx camel su out of this example:
http://servicemix.apache.org/order-file-processing.html

I keep getting an checkstyle report generation error for one of my java
files. However at this point I dont want any checkstyle to be performed.
There is nothing wrong with the code(it is copy+pasted from the example on
the page and looks fine. The only thing I have changed is the package and
that looks fine also). How can I turn of this kind of enoying "feature" in
maven? I havent stated anywhere in my .pom that I would like to have an
checkstyle performed for my java sources.

The error message as it's whole:
[INFO] Velocimacro : initialization starting.
[INFO] Velocimacro : adding VMs from VM library template :
VM_global_library.vm
[ERROR] ResourceManager : unable to find resource 'VM_global_library.vm' in
any resource loader.
[INFO] Velocimacro : error using  VM library template VM_global_library.vm :
org.apache.velocity.exception.ResourceNotFoundException: Unable to find
resource 'VM_global_library.vm'
[INFO] Velocimacro :  VM library template macro registration complete.
[INFO] Velocimacro : allowInline = true : VMs can be defined inline in
templates
[INFO] Velocimacro : allowInlineToOverride = false : VMs defined inline may
NOT replace previous VM definitions
[INFO] Velocimacro : allowInlineLocal = false : VMs defined inline will be
global in scope if allowed.
[INFO] Velocimacro : initialization complete.
[INFO] Velocity successfully started.
[INFO] [checkstyle:checkstyle {execution: validate}]
[WARNING] File encoding has not been set, using platform encoding UTF-8,
i.e. build is platform dependent!
[INFO] Starting audit...
/home/mast/workspace/smx/samples-file/servicemix-file-camel/src/main/java/se/d/samples/orderprocessing/OrderProcessing.java:1:
Line does not match expected header line of '^/\*$'.
/home/mast/workspace/smx/samples-file/servicemix-file-camel/src/main/java/se/d/samples/orderprocessing/OrderProcessing.java:11:
Wrong order for 'org.w3c.dom.Document' import.
/home/mast/workspace/smx/samples-file/servicemix-file-camel/src/main/java/se/d/samples/orderprocessing/OrderProcessing.java:23:
method call child at indentation level 8 not at correct indentation, 12
/home/mast/workspace/smx/samples-file/servicemix-file-camel/src/main/java/se/d/samples/orderprocessing/OrderProcessing.java:25:
method call child at indentation level 8 not at correct indentation, 12
Audit done.

I'm unable to find anything about this out there so a litle help would be
much appreciated.

BR
Mathias

Re: How to turn of an checkstyle audit that maven is running on my java files?

Posted by mast <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Gert,

By specifying the -DarchetypeVersion=3.2.3 on the mvn cmd line when creating
my su artifacts all my problems went away. Earlier I didnt specify this and
my created su's was defaulted to 3.2.2. And I guess that when the problems
started(when I was trying to do mvn package on my artifacts) I ended up
mixing diffrent versions with each other, 3.2.2 and 3.2.3 and 3.3 and even
doe I finally managed to build both the su artifacts without any errors and
also to have them included in a sa artifact they didnt run in the JBI
container. So the conclusion for me is to not mix the diffrent versions with
each other.

When I started this morning and used the new argument option it took me less
then 30 min to have my first sa up and running in the JBI container : )

Thx for the help everybody that finally lead me to the goal!

BR
Mathias

Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@gmail.com>.
Mathias,

Posted by mast <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Thank you I will recall this argument for future requirement.

BR
Mathias

Posted by Benoît Clouet <be...@gmail.com>.
Hi,