Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Steve Graham <sg...@us.ibm.com> on 2001/02/20 20:45:53 UTC

flow naming (vote please)

A question related to flow naming.  Currently we have the notion of input
chain and output chain.  I believe Yuhichi observed that these names were
ambiguous with respect to intermediaries and requestors.

I now see where he was coming from.  I vote that we change the terms from
input to request and output to response.  That way at the intermediary and
requestor nodes, it is much more clear what the purpose of the chain is.

This would apply most immediately to SimpleTargettedChain, where inputChain
becomes requesChain, etc.  This also affects MessageContext (input message
becomes request message).

sgg

++++++++
Steve Graham
sggraham@us.ibm.com
(919)254-0615 (T/L 444)
Web Services Architect
Emerging Internet Technologies
++++++++

Re: flow naming (vote please)

Posted by Glen Daniels <gd...@allaire.com>.
Although it's a bit superfluous now, +1.  I wrote my old prototype this way
(req/resp) as well.

--Glen

Re: flow naming (vote please)

Posted by Jacek Kopecky <ja...@idoox.com>.