Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Frank Karlstrøm <ka...@corporater.com> on 2007/02/26 10:50:40 UTC

Bug report

Hello. I am trying to file a bug report, but the JIRA system is a bit
slow (as in:not responding), so I'll report the bug here. Will also file
to bug in JIRA. In my opinion, this bug is at Critical level in JIRA, as
loss of data can occur.

I do not know what causes the bug (perhaps the
CachingHierarchyManager?), it was not present in Jackrabbit 1.0.1, but
was introduced in 1.1.

Have also tested the latest release: 1.2.2, and the bug is still present
there.

Reproducible JUnit testcase follows:

====================
package com.bug.app;
import javax.jcr.Node;
import javax.jcr.Repository;
import javax.jcr.Session;
import javax.jcr.SimpleCredentials;

import junit.framework.TestCase;

import org.apache.jackrabbit.core.TransientRepository;

public class JackrabbitBugTest extends TestCase {
   public void testDelete() throws Exception{
           Repository repository = new TransientRepository();
           Session session = repository.login(new
SimpleCredentials("username", "password".toCharArray()));
                     Node root = session.getRootNode();
           Node aNode = root.addNode("a");
           Node a1node = aNode.addNode("a");
           Node a2node = root.addNode("a");
                                 session.save();
           // This test fails only if the line below is present
           System.out.println("new path:"+a2node.getPath());
                     a1node.remove();
           session.save();
           aNode.remove();
           session.save();
           //a2node = (Node) session.getItem("/myroot/a"); // this also
fails
           a2node.remove();
           session.save();          }
}

====================

--
Best regards, Frank Karlstrøm
Senior Developer, Corporater AS

Re: Bug report

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On 2/26/07, Frank Karlstrøm <ka...@corporater.com> wrote:
> I do not think you quite understand, the problem is that the JIRA system
> is not responding. Cannot search issues and cannot login. Probably the
> JIRA server is dead, or very busy handling requests.

Correct, see http://monitoring.apache.org/status/.

The infrastructure team has already been notified of the problem, and
the issue tracker should hopefully be back online soon.

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: Bug report

Posted by Frank Karlstrøm <ka...@corporater.com>.
Paco Avila wrote:
> El lun, 26-02-2007 a las 10:50 +0100, Frank Karlstrøm escribió:
>
>> Hello. I am trying to file a bug report, but the JIRA system is a bit
>> slow (as in:not responding), so I'll report the bug here. Will also file
>> to bug in JIRA. In my opinion, this bug is at Critical level in JIRA, as
>> loss of data can occur.
>>
>> I do not know what causes the bug (perhaps the
>> CachingHierarchyManager?), it was not present in Jackrabbit 1.0.1, but
>> was introduced in 1.1.
>>
>> Have also tested the latest release: 1.2.2, and the bug is still present
>> there.
>>

> You should provide a "issue name" and a "issue description".

I do not think you quite understand, the problem is that the JIRA system
is not responding. Cannot search issues and cannot login. Probably the
JIRA server is dead, or very busy handling requests. I am the system
administrator for our own JIRA system, so I am perfectly comfortable
with how to add issues.

If you or any other developers can access the JIRA system, you can add
the issue with issue name: "getPath() will destroy the session", and
description exactly as I have written the mail. The JUnit test case can
be attached as an attachment, and/or added in the descripton.

If someone does it for me, please notify me by mail, so I can add
comments, and keep a watch on the bug. If not, I will add it myself when
the JIRA server is behaving normally again.

Re: Bug report

Posted by Paco Avila <pa...@git.es>.
El lun, 26-02-2007 a las 10:50 +0100, Frank Karlstrøm escribió:
> Hello. I am trying to file a bug report, but the JIRA system is a bit
> slow (as in:not responding), so I'll report the bug here. Will also file
> to bug in JIRA. In my opinion, this bug is at Critical level in JIRA, as
> loss of data can occur.
>
> I do not know what causes the bug (perhaps the
> CachingHierarchyManager?), it was not present in Jackrabbit 1.0.1, but
> was introduced in 1.1.
>
> Have also tested the latest release: 1.2.2, and the bug is still present
> there.

You should provide a "issue name" and a "issue description".
--
GIT Consultors S.L.
c\ Francesc Rover 2-B