Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Andreas Andreou <an...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/28 20:42:04 UTC

Re: [T4.1] Setting the value of a DatePicker clientside

Hi,
first you need to get the js reference to the calendar control...
The js variable to use is named like calendar_XXX where XXX
is the id of your DatePicker control.

After you know that, you can do:
calendar_XXX.setSelectedDate('15 Mar 2008')

On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 1:21 PM, Andy Pahne <ap...@net22.de> wrote:

>  I wonder how to set the date of a DatePicker in Javascript.
>
>  I tried sth. like
>     document.forms[0].departureDatePicker.value='x.x.x'
>
>  which works partly. The text field is updated, but when I click on the
>  DatePicker icon the picker is still set to the old value.
>
>  I had a look at DatePicker.js and found the funtion
>
>  Calendar.prototype.setCurrentDate = function(date) {
>  }
>
>  That one seems to be a good candidate for my task, but I don't have any
>  idea, how to invoke it. (My knowledge about JavaScript is almost non
>  existant).
>

>  Andy

Andreas Andreou - andyhot@apache.org - http://blog.andyhot.gr
Tapestry / Tacos developer