Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Jacob Graves <ja...@gettyimages.com> on 2015/05/27 01:29:14 UTC

solr date functions and object creation

Hello

I have a weird SOLR problem with object creation from a date function query against a TrieDate field in my index called ds.

This boost function

               &bf=min(div(ms(NOW/HOUR,ds),604800000),26)

causes many millions of FunctionQuery objects to be created in memory. When I change it to

               &bf=min(abs(div(ms(NOW/HOUR,ds),604800000)),26)

the extra objects aren't created, the change is I added abs().
I've checked that every document has the field ds populated and the dates it contains are all on the past
Any ideas why? The extra memory usage has caused stability problems.

Thanks