Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Kees de Kooter <kd...@gmail.com> on 2005/10/10 11:36:50 UTC

[m2] Filtering again: how to fit in with "package" phase?

After some communication on this user list I got filtering figured
out. I am now able to filter some config files (specifically web.xml)
to a directory.

I now want to fit this in with the standard packaging or war:war
command. How can I do this?

thanx,
Kees de Kooter

Re: [m2] Filtering again: how to fit in with "package" phase?

Posted by Kees de Kooter <kd...@gmail.com>.
Forget that. It does not work.

Posted by Kees de Kooter <kd...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mark Hobson <ma...@gmail.com>.
On 10/10/05, Kees de Kooter <kd...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Andrius. I am wondering if this is not a little inefficient,
> filtering the entire dir (in my case containing some 180 files) while
> I only need to do replacements in 2 files?

See also http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-791.

Mark

Re: [m2] Filtering again: how to fit in with "package" phase?

Posted by Andrius Karpavicius <An...@sintagma.lt>.
Here is a solution:

Filter the whole webapps directory into som temp directory, an overwrite
war plugin description to package from temp directory instead.

Andrius

  <build>
    <!-- When packaging war file, both "/src/main/resources" and
"/src/main/webapp"
          should pass through a resource filter to replace @property@
properties with a value from a filter file
     -->
    <filters>
      <filter>${basedir}/src/filters/${filterFile}</filter>
    </filters>
    <resources>
      <resource>
        <targetPath>../filtered-webapp-resources</targetPath>
        <filtering>true</filtering>
        <directory>${basedir}/src/main/webapp</directory>
      </resource>
      <resource>
 <targetPath>../filtered-webapp-resources/WEB-INF/classes</targetPath>
        <filtering>true</filtering>
        <directory>${basedir}/src/main/resources</directory>
      </resource>
    </resources>
    <plugins>

     <!-- War plugin configuration to package files from
"/filtered-webapp-resources" directory instead of "/src/main/webapp".
          This configuration is necesary if filtering of
"/src/main/webapp" was requested - see Resources plugin configuration
       -->
     <plugin>
       <executions>
         <execution>
           <goals>
             <goal>war</goal>
           </goals>
           <configuration>

<warSourceDirectory>${project.build.directory}/filtered-webapp-resources</warSourceDirectory>
           </configuration>
          </execution>
        </executions>
      </plugin>