Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Jan K <ja...@symbiountech.com> on 2008/09/01 11:40:40 UTC

How to automize Ant

Hi,

I am new to apache ant.I just know for what purpose we use ant.Now i need to
automize my project with ant.My requirement is Whenever i checkin my
code,the build and deploy  should be done automatically.Also a notification
should be send to QA team.Also the build and deploy should be carried out
automatically in my onsite server also.This should be done for all the java
projects running in our company.How can i do this,Please help
me.Please.Thanks in advance.

Re: How to automize Ant

Posted by Jan K <ja...@symbiountech.com>.
I have Apache Activemq.bat file for a mobile application.I need to configure
this file in Apache Ant build.xml file.I am using linux box.can u help me.

Re: How to automize Ant

Posted by Jan K <ja...@symbiountech.com>.
How should i configure activemq.bat file in Apache ant.I am using Ubuntu.

Re: How to automize Ant

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@juntadeandalucia.es>.

Re: How to automize Ant

Posted by Jan K <ja...@symbiountech.com>.
Hi,

RE: How to automize Ant

Posted by S Saravanan <s....@uasc.net>.
It's really nice approach..

      Has you said 100% right. Please try to go thorough the online docs
like what is cruisecontrol, how it's works and download with
crusiecontrol try to run with your first source file through config.xml
and come up initial problem. Slowly you will be aware of the whole
process.

ThankS
Saravanan.S

Posted by Kevin Jackson <fo...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: How to automize Ant

Posted by Paul King <pa...@asert.com.au>.
If you really want to get fully up to speed quickly, I would
recommend finding yourself a book or two to read. They will
help you absorb things at a faster pace than the individual
project websites.

To cover off the Ant side of things why not try:

http://www.amazon.com/Ant-Action-Manning-Steve-Loughran/dp/193239480X/

To cover off the CI side of things, try:

http://www.amazon.com/Continuous-Integration-Improving-Addison-Wesley-Signature/dp/0321336380/

There are plenty of other good ones out there too but with
these two you will go a long way.

Cheers, Paul.

Re: How to automize Ant

Posted by Jan K <ja...@symbiountech.com>.
Hi,

Re: How to automize Ant

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@juntadeandalucia.es>.
On Mon, 2008-09-01 at 12:06 +0200, Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-09-01 at 02:40 -0700, Jan K wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am new to apache ant.I just know for what purpose we use ant.Now i need to
> > automize my project with ant.My requirement is Whenever i checkin my
> > code,the build and deploy  should be done automatically.
>
> Well there are a couple of our of the box tools for that

doh that should read: ... there are a couple of out-of-the-box tools for

Re: How to automize Ant

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@juntadeandalucia.es>.