Posted to dev@clerezza.apache.org by Hasan Hasan <ha...@trialox.org> on 2011/07/05 08:54:29 UTC

Plan for release (was Re: Size of issues/patches)

Dear Community

I agree with the way Bertrand and Henry see how we can proceed.
So, in order to allow us to proceed towards a release, I think it would be
best to:
1. create a branch for release 1.0 [as soon as possible] (would suggest Reto
to do this)
2. remove stuff not yet accepted by even only one of us from this branch (in
a coordinative way),
in order to get the least common denominator [till monday next week]
3. vote for using that branch as release 1.0

Regards
Hasan

Re: Plan for release (was Re: Size of issues/patches)

Posted by Tsuyoshi Ito <ts...@trialox.org>.
Hi

I also agree with the way Bertrand and Henry see how we can proceed. So we
should create a branch for the release.

Cheers
tsuy

--
--trialox ag--------------------------------------

Tsuyoshi Ito
Binzmuehlestrasse 14
CH-8050 Zürich
Tel. +41 44 635 75 77

Re: Plan for release (was Re: Size of issues/patches)

Posted by Reto Bachmann-Gmuer <re...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 10:01 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacretaz@apache.org
> wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 7:45 AM, Reto Bachmann-Gmuer
> <re...@trialox.org> wrote:
> > ...I don't see why we should vote on code removal rather than on code
> > additions. I think the trunk should be the place were the consensus-code
> is
> > and not a sandbox from where particularly motivated people extract a
> release
> > branch from time to time....
>
> Some projects do it like that - either you consider the trunk as the
> current stable and ready-to-release code, or you consider it as the
> bleeding edge code from which releases are created by selecting the
> stabler parts.
>
> I think both ways work, the Clerezza developers team should just agree
> on one or the other.

I don't see why we should vote on patches on issues (using C-T-R or R-T-C)
if on the other hand one can just commit to trunk whatever he pleases and
ask for others to remove this from the release branch.

We haven't had a lot on discussion on the process, I wrote the following
mail more than a year ago, which I assumed to be silently accepted:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-clerezza-dev/201002.mbox/%3Cbfcea8c71002171305xe65b2a6oc435bd92302a82f2@mail.gmail.com%3E

Reto

Re: Plan for release (was Re: Size of issues/patches)

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
<re...@trialox.org> wrote:
> ...I don't see why we should vote on code removal rather than on code
> additions. I think the trunk should be the place were the consensus-code is
> and not a sandbox from where particularly motivated people extract a release
> branch from time to time....

Some projects do it like that - either you consider the trunk as the
current stable and ready-to-release code, or you consider it as the
bleeding edge code from which releases are created by selecting the
stabler parts.

I think both ways work, the Clerezza developers team should just agree
on one or the other.

-Bertrand

Re: Plan for release (was Re: Size of issues/patches)

Posted by Reto Bachmann-Gmuer <re...@trialox.org>.
Dear all,