Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Software Dev <st...@gmail.com> on 2014/05/15 00:30:15 UTC

Hadoop Conf Directory

I am trying to run a jar from my command line and it keeps picking up
the default hadoop configuration values for core,hdfs,mapred, etc.
What is the env variable I need to set so it looks in the correct
directory?

FYI the class I am running extends Configured and implements tool.

Re: Hadoop Conf Directory

Posted by Stanley Shi <ss...@gopivotal.com>.
Put the configuration files in classpath before the default ones;

Regards,
*Stanley Shi,*

Re: Hadoop Conf Directory

Posted by sudhakara st <su...@gmail.com>.
export HADOOP_CONF_DIR=/path/to/conf

On Thu, May 15, 2014 at 4:00 AM, Software Dev <st...@gmail.com>wrote:

> I am trying to run a jar from my command line and it keeps picking up
> the default hadoop configuration values for core,hdfs,mapred, etc.
> What is the env variable I need to set so it looks in the correct
> directory?
>
> FYI the class I am running extends Configured and implements tool.

...sudhakara

Re: Hadoop Conf Directory

Posted by Yu Azuryy <az...@outlook.com>.
HADOOP_CONF_DIR