Posted to batik-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Thierry Kormann <Th...@sophia.inria.fr> on 2000/11/15 13:12:28 UTC

Re: [commit] JSVGCanvas bug fixes

>  Hi:
>
>  I have committed fixes for the zoom AOI regression, and
>  also removed an unnecessary canvas clear which should eliminate
>  some flashing.

How! really nice job. The AOI is not slow anymore and even much faster than
before.

>  There is a behavior that is now more visible (I think it was
>  always possible) but it may not be "wrong":
>  If a new repaint is under way, an incompletely
>  repainted buffer may be painted during a pan operation.  The
>  alternative might be to maintain more than one buffer and swap
>  only after a repaint, but for slow repaints it may be better to
>  have a partially completed one than none at all.

I think that if a new repaint is under way and the buffer is still incompletely
updated ; we can toggle a simple flag. Then when the buffer is completely
updated, check if the flag is set and launch a new repaint if necessary.

The main advantage of this behavior is (in my opinion) that if you are
currently painting and *many* repaints come - you will set the flag many times
but do only one additional repaint at the end.

Any comments?
Thierry.

--
Thierry Kormann