Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Ian Boston <ie...@tfd.co.uk> on 2009/11/04 23:20:32 UTC

Integration testing mkdirs issue

Hi,

I am testing the Map based ResourceProviderEntry implementation and
have hit a slightly strange problem.

In some of the tests, eg
org
.apache
.sling.launchpad.webapp.integrationtest.servlets.resolution.PrefixTest
there is a call to mkdirs.

Instead of getting a 200 when mkdirs does a get on the .txt
serialization of the directory just created, I get a 204 (no content)
at line 94 in SlingIntegrationTestClient

However when I bring the server up standalone and try

curl -v -X MKCOL http://admin:admin@localhost:8080/org.apache.sling.launchpad.testing-6-SNAPSHOT
curl -v -X MKCOL http://admin:admin@localhost:8080/org.apache.sling.launchpad.testing-6-SNAPSHOT/apps
curl -v -X MKCOL http://admin:admin@localhost:8080/org.apache.sling.launchpad.testing-6-SNAPSHOT/apps/LAUNCHPAD_TEST_ResourceType
curl -v http://localhost:8080/org.apache.sling.launchpad.testing-6-SNAPSHOT/apps/LAUNCHPAD_TEST_ResourceType.txt

All give 201, except the last curl which gives a 200, indicating that
the MKCOL was successful and if had been in the integration test,
would have passed.

Has anyone seen this before?
It looks a bit odd since if the MKCOL failed I would have expected a
404, not a 204.

I tried putting a sleep(1000) into the test just in case there was an
async issue, but that has no impact.

I am finding zeroing in on the problem is not entirely easy as the
failure is in about 10 tests out of the entire integration test suite,
any suggestions most welcome.

Ian