Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Martin Skopp <sk...@riege.de> on 2003/06/25 09:13:59 UTC

reactor inside reactor does not work

Hi gurus,

I have a project with subprojects which I build via a maven:reactor at
the top level.

One of the subprojects itself has a maven:reactor which is required for
building the subproject.

Building the subproject with it's reactor works fine.
Building from top level does not work since the subproject does NOT
invoke it's reactor, it just silently stops it's goal and the top level
reactor continues.

Is "reactor inside reactor" not possibly?
Is there any way to "detect" that a top level reactor is currently
running?

Thanks for help,
--
Martin Skopp
Riege Software International GmbH

This email is intended to be viewed with a nonproportional font.
Public Key on http://www.keyserver.net, Key-ID: 3D4027B5
Fingerprint: 1970 C78D 9A1D 99FA 5CE4  5C0D 29E6 6A95 3D40 27B5

Re: reactor inside reactor does not work

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@zenplex.com>.
On Wed, 2003-06-25 at 03:13, Martin Skopp wrote:
> Hi gurus,
>
> I have a project with subprojects which I build via a maven:reactor at
> the top level.
>
> One of the subprojects itself has a maven:reactor which is required for
> building the subproject.
>
> Building the subproject with it's reactor works fine.
> Building from top level does not work since the subproject does NOT
> invoke it's reactor, it just silently stops it's goal and the top level
> reactor continues.
>
> Is "reactor inside reactor" not possibly?
> Is there any way to "detect" that a top level reactor is currently
> running?

I will try this as I actually don't know the answer to that. I am in the
middle of a pretty serious refactoring which has cleaned things up a
lot. I eliminated the memory leak, increased the speed and I am trying
to clarify the behaviour for inheritance, interpolation and the reactor.

You can send me a small example if you like.

--
jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason@zenplex.com
http://tambora.zenplex.org

Re: reactor inside reactor does not work

Posted by Kristine Weissbarth <kr...@sourcepark.de>.
Hi,

even though I'm not a guru at all I have had the same task - a project
with subprojects and subsubprojects.
I use the reactor too: one reactor (r1) to build all the subprojects and
another one (r2) in each subproject which contain subsubprojects. So the
'reactor inside reactor' works fine.

When maven starts you can see on the output:
"starting the reactor
our processing order
..."
and than it lists the processing order of the projects this reactor (r1)
is generating and starts to build them one after another. When the
project with the second reactor (r2) is reached it processes its reactor
(r2) and again you will see the output of the processing order of the
subsubprojects:
"starting the reactor
our processing order.."
After finishing it continues to process the subprojects of reactor r1.

Maven recursivly goes through the subprojects and if necessary the
subsubprojects.

I hope the explanation was not to confused, is helping a bit and
answered your question.