Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by ivan <iv...@dhousestudio.com> on 2008/08/28 13:59:44 UTC

OutOfMemory

   Hi!

I'm new in using AMQ and I use ServiceMix 3.2.1 and configure some
JSM-services for listenning to external ActiveMQ 5.1.0 (total: 2 queues).

After starting SMX amd AMQ, AMQ use approx. 70 + 164 Mb (RAM + Virtual).
But sometimes I see AMQ use more than -Xmx value (I set -Xmx768Mb in
activemq.bat, but it didn't help; 800Mb of Virtual Memory was used) and
in console I saw following:

INFO  BrokerService                  - Using Persistence Adapter:
AMQPersistenceAdapter(F:\path_to_AMQ\apache-activemq-5.1.0\bin\..\data)
INFO  BrokerService                  - ActiveMQ 5.1.0 JMS Message Broker
(localhost) is starting
INFO  BrokerService                  - For help or more information
please see: http://activemq.apac
he.org/
INFO  AMQPersistenceAdapter          - AMQStore starting using
directory: F:\path_to_AMQ\apache-activemq-5.1.0\bin\..\data
INFO  KahaStore                      - Kaha Store using data directory
F:\path_to_AMQ\apache-activemq-5.1.0\bin\..\data\kr-store\state
INFO  AMQPersistenceAdapter          - Active data files: []
INFO  KahaStore                      - Kaha Store using data directory
F:\path_to_AMQ\apache-activemq-5.1.0\bin\..\data\kr-store\data
INFO  TransportServerThreadSupport   - Listening for connections at:
tcp://myhost:61616
INFO  TransportConnector             - Connector openwire Started
INFO  BrokerService                  - ActiveMQ JMS Message Broker
(localhost, ID:jsws-2-1069-121991
7283218-0:0) started
INFO  log                            - Logging to
org.slf4j.impl.JCLLoggerAdapter(org.mortbay.log) v
ia org.mortbay.log.Slf4jLog
INFO  log                            - jetty-6.1.9
INFO  WebConsoleStarter              - ActiveMQ WebConsole initialized.
INFO  /admin                         - Initializing Spring
FrameworkServlet 'dispatcher'
INFO  log                            - ActiveMQ Console at
http://0.0.0.0:8161/admin
INFO  log                            - ActiveMQ Web Demos at
http://0.0.0.0:8161/demo
INFO  log                            - RESTful file access application
at http://0.0.0.0:8161/filese
rver
INFO  log                            - Started
SelectChannelConnector@0.0.0.0:8161
Exception in thread "ActiveMQ Transport: tcp:///127.0.0.1:1077"
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java hea
p space

It could appear after few minutes of working AMQ and SMX (10-15
minutes). I don't send any JMS message, just SMX and AMQ are running.

What can be cause of it?
What specific configuration of AMQ should I use to avoid those problems
with OutOfMemory?

   Thanks, Ivan Pryvalov.

Re: OutOfMemory

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
There's a handy FAQ for diagnosing this...
http://activemq.apache.org/javalangoutofmemory.html

--
James
-------