Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Dan Adams <da...@ifactory.com> on 2007/02/27 23:22:01 UTC

Version name to use for a release candidate?

So I have a library that is in release candidate and I want to have it
deployed to our releases repository and not be a snapshot. Because even
though the library isn't finally released I still want people to be able
to get the release candidates by version without using our snapshot
repo.

So the questions is: for v1.0 release candidate 1 what should the proper
version in the pom be so that it follows maven version name conventions?
Also, does this effect my ability to use the release plugin? Thanks.

--
Dan Adams
Senior Software Engineer

Re: Version name to use for a release candidate?

Posted by Dan Adams <da...@ifactory.com>.
So right now when it's in snapshot the pom version should be
1.0-rc1-SNAPSHOT? And then when this is released it goes to 1.0-rc1 and
the next version will be 1.0-rc2-SNAPSHOT? Correct?

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Roland Asmann <Ro...@cfc.at>.
You could use the maven release-plugin and tell it that your release-version
is something like '1.0-rc1'. Then when it asks you for the new snapshot
(development) version, tell it to be '1.0-SNAPSHOT' again...
I believe that is the way to go... But Maven is pretty flexible with the
versions...

On Tuesday 27 February 2007 23:22, Dan Adams wrote:
> So I have a library that is in release candidate and I want to have it
> deployed to our releases repository and not be a snapshot. Because even
> though the library isn't finally released I still want people to be able
> to get the release candidates by version without using our snapshot
> repo.
>
> So the questions is: for v1.0 release candidate 1 what should the proper
> version in the pom be so that it follows maven version name conventions?
> Also, does this effect my ability to use the release plugin? Thanks.

--
Roland Asmann

CFC Informationssysteme Entwicklungsgesellschaft m.b.H
Bäckerstrasse 1/2/7
A-1010 Wien
FN 266155f, Handelsgericht Wien

Tel.: +43/1/513 88 77 - 27