Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by da...@superelite.net on 2004/11/04 10:26:38 UTC

[users@httpd] apache2 issue getting pictures/stylesheet in knoppix/morphix distro

I installed apache2 with apt-get. When I ask it for 127.0.0.1/index.html,
i get the file but theres no stylesheet loaded and all the pictures are
broken. The apache error log says that the files do not exist. However, I
can copy the path that it says DNE and ls it no problem. They are in
/var/www, the debian default.

Even weirder, is when I chroot into the environment when it is still on a
HD and I run apache from there, it all works liek a charm. Is it a
read-only issue? man am i lost...

thanks much,
-dave

Re: [users@httpd] apache2 issue getting pictures/stylesheet in knoppix/morphix distro

Posted by Ralf Glauberman <rg...@michaeli-gymnasium.de>.
ok,
what i don't understand is this thing with chroot, could you explain in
detail what you are doing, what happens and to what you change the root. in
which folder is apache installed and where is your docroot?

Posted by Joshua Slive <js...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, 4 Nov 2004 11:20:45 -0000 (UTC), dave@superelite.net
<da...@superelite.net> wrote:

> [Tue Nov 02 18:28:17 2004] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] File does not exist:
> /var/www/style.css, referer: http://127.0.0.1/apache2-default/test.php
> [Tue Nov 02 18:28:17 2004] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] File does not exist:
> /var/www/SBlogo.png, referer: http://127.0.0.1/apache2-default/test.php
>
> I can ls /var/www/SBlogo.png and /var/www/style.css.  Furthermore, I can
> directly enter those paths into my webrowser and view them.
>
> Here is an excerpt of /var/www:
>
> Index of file:///var/www
> Up to higher level directory
> ..
> SBlogo.png      15 KB   11/04/04        10:41:46
> ..
> style.css       1 KB    11/04/04        10:41:46
>
> DocumentRoot is the debian default, /var/www. Everyone has read rigths to
> every file in /var/www as well as the directory itself.  My mods-enabled
> directory has cgi, cgid, php4, and userdir.

But can you enter http://127.0.0.1/SBlogo.png and see them?  Accessing
through the filesystem is teh wrong way to test.  Where is this
apache2-default directory?

Joshua.

Re: [users@httpd] apache2 issue getting pictures/stylesheetinknoppix/morphixdistro

Posted by Ralf Glauberman <rg...@michaeli-gymnasium.de>.
what happens if you use the image in static html, not php?

Posted by da...@superelite.net.

Posted by Luis Moreira <lu...@esinnovation.pt>.
Dave,