Posted to infrastructure-dev@apache.org by Paul Davis <pa...@gmail.com> on 2011/10/07 20:35:27 UTC

GitHub access to mirror CouchDB updates

I have people asking me about mirroring commits to
git-wip-us.apache.org to GitHub. Would it be possible to get a public
SSH key set for the Apache account at GitHub so I can mirror updates
there? I'm also open to other mechanisms to get that mirror up to
date, but the SSH key seemed easiest.

Thanks,
Paul

Re: GitHub access to mirror CouchDB updates

Posted by Paul Davis <pa...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Oct 7, 2011 at 2:18 PM, Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Oct 7, 2011 at 8:35 PM, Paul Davis <pa...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I have people asking me about mirroring commits to
>> git-wip-us.apache.org to GitHub. Would it be possible to get a public
>> SSH key set for the Apache account at GitHub so I can mirror updates
>> there? I'm also open to other mechanisms to get that mirror up to
>> date, but the SSH key seemed easiest.
>
> I guess we should replace the couchdb.git repository at git.apache.org
> with the new one at git-wip-us.apache.org. I can set up an
> automatically updated clone there.

Cool, thanks.

> The last I spoke with Github they asked us *not* to try pushing
> updates to github.com/apache to avoid messing with their mirror setup.
> I guess we should talk with them again about that since with push
> access we could make the Github mirrors much more timely than what
> they now are.

Oh, good call. I forgot that they're pulling from us there.

> Anyway, I think we should start looking at merging the git.apache.org
> and git-wip-us.apache.org codebases. Ideally I'd see all our Git
> repositories, both read-only and read-write, served from a single
> source at http://git.apache.org/. The best way to do that would
> probably be to migrate the git-svn mirror functionality to
> git-wip-us.apache.org and then when everything works fine switch the
> git.apache.org domain name to point to that server.

That seems like a good approach to me.

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,