Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Bernd Fondermann <be...@googlemail.com> on 2010/04/28 10:45:01 UTC

Celebration, plus: Release James 4.0M1?

Hi,

Thanks to Norman, Robert and everyone else - over the past month,
there have been tons of changes and improvements made to James.

Most of them are fantastic: modularization, IMAP, container, async io protocols.
I can even deploy James as a WAR file now - This must be the future!

Now, how dare we not to release this bag of beauties to our users?
Why not have a milestone release adding a disclaimer that this isn't
production ready and collect feedback from the field?

And even if you'd call it 3.0 instead of the deserved 4.0, I'd be happy. :-)

Here's my +1!

Non-bindingly,

  Bernd

Re: Celebration, plus: Release James 4.0M1?

Posted by Norman Maurer <no...@apache.org>.
Hi Bernd,

you are right. I will try to prepare everything needed.

We will at least need to eleminate snapshot dependencies before. I
will analyze the dependency Graph and see what needs to get done.

Bye
Norman

Posted by Norman Maurer <no...@apache.org>.
Hi Bernd,

you are right. I will try to prepare everythink needed.

Posted by Eric Charles <er...@u-mangate.com>.
non-binding +1 from a trunk user.