Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Akshay6787 <ak...@gmail.com> on 2017/11/22 16:13:54 UTC

pickup modified Nifi property values and use them in the processors,

Hi,
i have declared  my custom properties file path  in nifi.properties  to
variable 'nifi.variable.registry.properties=custom.properties'
.i want my processors to pickup the new value of the property when the
chnages are made to a property.I have loaded the updated properties in the
code(FileBasedVariableRegistry.java).but processors takes old values..

Thanks.

Re: pickup modified Nifi property values and use them in the processors,

Posted by Matt Burgess <ma...@apache.org>.
AFAIK this is not currently possible, if you want to use a file then
you must restart NiFi. Alternatively as of NiFi 1.4.0, you can set
variables on a process group (including the top-level "root" group),
you can change those without restarting NiFi. I answered a similar
question on StackOverflow recently [1].

Regards,
Matt

[1] https://stackoverflow.com/questions/47366384/how-to-add-custom-properties-in-apache-nifi-and-read-them-on-the-fly-without-up/47393731