Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by ruchi goel <Ru...@Sun.COM> on 2007/09/11 19:21:22 UTC

release for Jackrabbit 1.4

Hi,
  What is the expected time frame for release of Jackrabbit 1.4 ?

Thanks,
Ruchi

Re: release for Jackrabbit 1.4

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On 9/20/07, ruchi goel <Ru...@sun.com> wrote:
> Yes, we are deeply interested in an interim release since we were
> dependent on Graffito's OCM layer earlier. Now since it is part of
> Jackrabbit , we will be depending on a Jackrabbit release   to be
> bundled in our product.

Unfortunately the interim Jackrabbit 1.3.2 release will not yet
contain the OCM layer, as the patch releases only contain bug fixes to
existing features.

> Is 1.4 release on hold because of the bugs  mentioned in the mail chain
> ( with the same subject).

I'd rather say that the release is not yet ready, as we still need for
example to manage the promotion of the OCM and SPI layers to release
components and implement things like a database data store and
probably some migration tools for upgrading to the data store feature.

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: release for Jackrabbit 1.4

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On 9/20/07, Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Given the growth of the number of more or less independent "top-level
> sub-projects" in Jackrabbit, we should probably start again thinking of
> having independent releases ?
>
> For example, I could imagine, that OCM has definitely a different
> release cycle than core which in turn might have a different cycle than
> webdav.

Agreed. There's some overhead (separate Jira projects, etc.) to
handling independent release cycles, but sooner or later we do need to
start doing more independent component releases.

So far I've been thinking about Jackrabbit 2.0 as the "natural" break
point for the project structure. We'd have synchronous 1.4 (and
perhaps 1.5) releases of all the current release components, but
starting with 2.0 we'd do separate component releases.

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: release for Jackrabbit 1.4

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

Given the growth of the number of more or less independent "top-level
sub-projects" in Jackrabbit, we should probably start again thinking of
having independent releases ?

For example, I could imagine, that OCM has definitely a different
release cycle than core which in turn might have a different cycle than
webdav.

Regards
Felix

Posted by ruchi goel <Ru...@Sun.COM>.