Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Harm Boertien <HB...@schubergphilis.com> on 2014/06/25 10:47:27 UTC

Anyone using ELK (ElasticSearch / LogStash / Kibana to analyze CS logs ?

Cheers,

Harm

Harm Boertien
MCE @ Schuberg Philis B.V.
Boeing Avenue 271
1119 PD Schiphol-Rijk

hboertien@schubergphilis.com
+31 6 14008293

Re: Anyone using ELK (ElasticSearch / LogStash / Kibana to analyze CS logs ?

Posted by "Coetsier, Antoine" <an...@exoscale.ch>.
Hello,

We do use the trio to great results.

It is in our view one of the best solutions when you have multiple CS
servers and a large deployment + heavy API usage.

Antoine COETSIER ­ exoscale.ch

Posted by Santhosh Edukulla <sa...@citrix.com>.
We have done few CI work, where we run continuously in an automated way building and running sanity checks against cs. As part of it ,we  collect all logs( management server logs, api logs, test case log, test run logs etc).

After every automated build run, we upload these logs to nfs share automatically, we used elastic search on these logs collected to correlate failures with product logs, get information for failures across builds for a given failure etc. We used elastic search engine and python elastic search binding for indexing and querying. So, for "now" only limited case of getting data between two timestamps for a given failure etc were added, but i believe others can be added as well with more finetuning and other changes.

Santhosh
Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@gmail.com>.