Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by Enrique Pablo Molinari <en...@gmail.com> on 2012/12/06 18:19:55 UTC

Ivy info/extends

Hi all,

I'm trying to make the info/extends element to work (
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/latest-milestone/ivyfile/info.html. I'm
using IvyDE with Eclipse Indigo).
So, here is my problem. Suppose I have an ivy.xml with this info:

<info organisation="com.mycompany" module="aModule" status="integration"/>

then, I have other ivy-extends.xml, with this info:

<info organisation="com.mycompany" module="aModule">
<extends extendType="all" module="aModule"
organisation="com.mycompany" location="ivy.xml" />
</info>

then, when I configure the ivy-extends.xml in my eclipse project, I'm
inherit all the dependencies from the ivy.xml. That works great. The
problem I'm seeing is that, when there is a change in the ivy.xml, and then
I make a resolve for my ivy configuration (which is using the
ivy-extends.xml), I'm not get the new changes from the ivy.xml

I found that, on thy ivy cache, there is a folder called:
{ivy-cache}/com.mycompany/aModule, where ivy resolution files are stored.
And it seems, ivy relies heavily on this. If I remove this folder, then,
the ivy-extends gets resolved with the changes in ivy.xml. But if the
folder is there, I never get the new stuff...

How can I do to make this work?

Many thanks