Posted to users@marmotta.apache.org by Joshua Dunham <jo...@vrtx.com> on 2014/09/04 17:04:02 UTC

LDCache(ing) Forever?

Hi Marmotta Users/Admins,

    I’m wondering if the linked data cache module can have it’s behavior slightly changed. I’d like to keep the data forever unless there is a change on the source end, in which case it could update. I was also wondering if it could be cached in the graph somewhat based on the rdf resource name, and if it could be included in direct indexing.

   My use case is, I have a subject which links to a uniprot protein. The target link is http://uniprot.org/unprot/proteinId.rdf for each proteinId. Ideally when the subject is loaded into marmotta, the service will activate and start to import these referred resources. I could later come in and say, my measurement yielded a protein weight of 7000, let’s sparql search for possible proteins.

Maybe this is already possible with the current state of LDCaching?

-J

Joshua Dunham
Scientific Computing | Vertex
E: joshua_dunham@vrtx.com
P: 617-229-5157
W: http://www.vrtx.com
L: http://linkedin.com/in/joshuadunham
S: joshua.dunham

This email message and any attachments are confidential and intended for use by the addressee(s) only. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify me immediately by replying to this message, and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments. Thank you.

Re: LDCache(ing) Forever?

Posted by Jakob Frank <ja...@apache.org>.
Hi Joshua,

why not "just" import the protein data into marmotta? For better
separation you could import every protein into it's own context/named
graph...

Best,
Jakob