Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Sander A. Smith" <sm...@sericontech.com> on 2005/04/22 22:57:40 UTC

Adding Connectors to embedded Tomcat on the fly

I've got an embedded Tomcat application that's running on 5.0.24 and
it works great. Something I need to do is open and close ports while
the application runs. The documentation says that you can do this on
the fly in the form of adding/deleting Connectors to the Embedded
object. I've got this up and running, although I have noticed that the
Connectors are in a inactive state when first added, and must be
initialized. I couldn't figure out if I must call start() or initialize
() so I call both.

Anyway, things are working fine until I try to open a secure port. I
have secure ports that were created at startup, so I know that the
infrastructure (ie how I create the connectors, the state of my
keystore, etc) is okay.

When I call start() on a secure connector I'm getting an exception
that says:

java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Documents and
Settings\Sander\.keystore (The system cannot find the file specified)

This seems odd because it is trying to go after the default keystore
(which doesn't exist, mine is named something else). I'm verifying
that I've properly set the keystore file in the connector, but this
seems to be ignored.

Any ideas why this is happening and my keystore is being ignored?

Sander

--
Sander A. Smith
President