Posted to dev@stratos.apache.org by Nirmal Fernando <ni...@gmail.com> on 2014/12/05 03:21:25 UTC

Re: how to deploy autoscale and deployment policies and partitions with latest code from master ?

Hi Martin,

We do not deploy partitions alone any more right? Partitions are declared
in deployment policy, aren't they?

--
Best Regards,
Nirmal

Nirmal Fernando.
Senior Software Engineer, WSO2 Inc.

Blog: http://nirmalfdo.blogspot.com/

Re: how to deploy autoscale and deployment policies and partitions with latest code from master ?

Posted by Nirmal Fernando <ni...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Dec 5, 2014 at 10:03 AM, Martin Eppel (meppel) <me...@cisco.com>
wrote:

>  So if I understand this correctly, partitions are now deployed together
> with the deployment policy ?
>

> Previously we had the following RestAPI to deploy partitions :
>

> https://127.0.0.1:9443/api/v4.1/policy/deployment/partition
>

> and to deploy deployment policies:
>

> https://127.0.0.1:9443/api/v4.1/policy/deployment
>

> Now, we use a json definition as shown in the sample (Aplication_Global_Dep_Policy.json,
> in email thread “Global Deployment Policy for the Application” ) and use
> the following API:
>

> https://127.0.0.1:9443/api/v4.1/deploymentPolicies

Correct.

> Right ?
>

> Thanks
>

> Martin

TID: [0] [STRATOS] [2014-12-05 01:19:04,649] ERROR {org.apache.stratos.rest.endpoint.handlers.StratosAuthorizingHandler} -  The requested resource is not found. Please check the resource path, etc {org.apache.stratos.rest.endpoint.handlers.StratosAuthorizingHandler}TID: [0] [STRATOS] [2014-12-05 01:19:04,649] ERROR {org.apache.stratos.rest.endpoint.handlers.StratosAuthorizingHandler} -  Unexpected error occured while REST api, authorization process {org.apache.stratos.rest.endpoint.handlers.StratosAuthorizingHandler}org.apache.cxf.interceptor.security.AccessDeniedException: Method is not available: Unauthorized

Posted by Nirmal Fernando <ni...@gmail.com>.
Hi Martin,

Posted by "Martin Eppel (meppel)" <me...@cisco.com>.

Posted by Lakmal Warusawithana <la...@wso2.com>.
Hi

On Fri, Dec 5, 2014 at 7:51 AM, Nirmal Fernando <ni...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Martin,
>
> We do not deploy partitions alone any more right? Partitions are declared
> in deployment policy, aren't they?

Yes, thats correct. Sorry Martin for the confusion, there are lot of mail
discussion here and there, no one place to explain new work flow. To
simplicity and improve readability of a deployment policy, we now defined
partition in the deployment policy it self. Also with this, we can simple
defined, bursting or DR deployment pattens in the deployment policy. I
think we almost completed testing full work flow, we can provide all json
and steps to carry out basic testing today itself.

Lakmal Warusawithana
Vice President, Apache Stratos
Mobile : +94714289692
Blog : http://lakmalsview.blogspot.com/