Posted to dev@marvin.apache.org by Lucas Cardoso Silva <ca...@gmail.com> on 2020/08/06 19:01:59 UTC

Moving to python 3

I made a pull request to change our components to python 3. In my opinion
it's easier to make the architectural change this way, also python 2
reached it's end of support. I would like to know the opinion of you guys
about it, so we can make it in the best way for everyone.

Best regards,
Lucas Cardoso

Re: Moving to python 3

Posted by Lucas Cardoso Silva <ca...@gmail.com>.
As we are in the middle of the change where we separate the toolbox into a
daemon and CLI, there are still no python 2.7 compatibility modules. The PR
was to include the daemon in CI, already with python 3, before the addition
of the compatibility modules and to allow other developers to include
support for new tools, such as autokeras.

PR link: https://github.com/apache/incubator-marvin/pull/51

Best regards,
Lucas Cardoso

Re: Moving to python 3