Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by re...@gmx.de on 2006/03/15 09:22:25 UTC

HSSFSerializer without using Cocoon

Hello,

i want to use in my J2SE-Application the HSSFSerializer without the Cocoon
Framework. The goal is, to generate xls-Files over xml-Files (Gnumeric File
Format).

For this problem i have written a class (XlsTransformer). But i get a NPE
during parsing the xmlFile.

Questions:
1. Can anyone give me a tip for solving my NPE-Problem?
2. Have anyone a Snippet of using HSSFSerializer stand-alone?
3. Have anyone heared from the Apache Sandbox project Morphos?
   3a. Have you the Morphos SourceCode? (I surpose that there is a sample
       of using HSSFSerializer)

Thank you for your help!
Ralf

Here comes the Code and StackTrace:

For this Project i use divers Libs:
- avalon-framework-api
- poi
- excalibur
- cocoon with HSSFSerializer

Here is the JavaCode from the Class that uses the HSSFSerializer:

public class XlsTransformer
{
  public XlsTransformer(String xmlFile)
  {
    HSSFSerializer hssf = new HSSFSerializer();
    XMLReader reader = null;
    try
    {
      reader = XMLReaderFactory.createXMLReader();
    }
    catch (SAXException e) {
      System.err.println("ERROR: No XMLReader!");
      e.printStackTrace();
    }
    try
    {
      hssf.initialize();
    }
    catch (Exception e1)
    {
      e1.printStackTrace();
    }
    reader.setContentHandler(hssf);
    try
    {
      InputSource inputSource = new InputSource
                                           (new FileInputStream(xmlFile));
      reader.parse(inputSource);
    }
    catch (IOException e) {
      System.err.println("ERROR: Parseerror - IOException");
      e.printStackTrace();
    }
    catch (SAXException e) {
      System.err.println("ERROR: Parseerror - SAXException");
			e.printStackTrace();
    }
    try
    {
      hssf.setOutputStream(new FileOutputStream("result.xls"));
    }
      catch (FileNotFoundException e)
    {
      System.err.println("ERROR - Can not create Excel-File!");
      e.printStackTrace();
    }

  }

}

StackTrace:

	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.elementprocessor.impl.poi.hssf.elements.EPStyleRegion.initialize(EPStyleRegion.java:92)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.serialization.ElementProcessorSerializer.startElement(ElementProcessorSerializer.java:414)
	at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.startElement(Unknown
Source)
	at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.scanStartElement(Unknown
Source)
	at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDispatcher.dispatch(Unknown
Source)
	at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unknown
Source)
	at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown
Source)
	at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown
Source)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown
Source)
	at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown
Source)
	at xml.xls.XlsTransformer.<init>(XlsTransformer.java:69)
	at xml.xls.XmlXslMorpher.main(XmlXslMorpher.java:33)

--
"Feel free" mit GMX FreeMail!
Monat f�r Monat 10 FreeSMS inklusive! http://www.gmx.net

HSSFSerializer without using Cocoon

Posted by re...@gmx.de.
[...]

Exception in thread "main"
java.lang.NullPointerException

Monat für Monat 10 FreeSMS inklusive! http://www.gmx.net

--
Bis zu 70% Ihrer Onlinekosten sparen: GMX SmartSurfer!
Kostenlos downloaden: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/smartsurfer